Thursday, April 14, 2011

My 2nd Labour Journey (19 - 20 Nov 2009)

It's been long long time not updating my blog since after I gave birth to my 2nd baby boy. It's another memorable experience to mark down before I miss it.

Basically, my two babies were cooperative with me and came on time the EDD. In fact, I was exhausted when expecting my baby boy especially when approaching to the final month. Everyone was telling me that my tummy is so big and down, baby might come earlier. My husband and I were looking forward to my baby boy would arrive in 2 weeks earlier than EDD. Days after days.... the first question of the day from my husband to me was "Still no contraction?". After that, we continued to work. I was wondering when should be the best time to start my maternity leave. Always alert if any contraction or water leaking during my working hours. Until 19 Nov 2009, I had started my maternity leave.

My 2nd delivery was so similar to my 1st delivery. On 19 Nov, 2am I felt some leaking from bottom, I woke up and ran to toilet and checked there was light bleeding. I told my husband, finally "didi" is coming to this world. But, I didn't feel any contraction and the bleeding is not heavy. Morning, my husband still continue to work and I stayed home alone. I was msn my friend, to check with them about my situation. They advised me should let doctor check. 3pm the same day, I called my husband to come home earlier. Around 5pm, my husband reached home. When I reached hospital, nurse started to setup the equipment to check baby's heart beat. Initially, nurse could not get the heart beat reading, she guessed baby must be sleeping, so she hold my big tummy and shake shake shake. Haha... that was really my first experience to wake up a sleepy baby in my tummy. Followed by Dr Ong, he checked my cervix had opened 1cm. He said that was not consider bleeding. It was just a symptom of mucus dropping off. He arranged to induce for me on 20 Nov, 9am. If I want, he could induce now (19 Nov, 6pm). Opps... but I'm not ready to delivery now. I chose to wait for contraction tonight. If still a peaceful night, then I got to induce the next morning. After that, we went for dinner and shopping with my girl ya. In fact, since after the doctor had checked my cervix, I started to feel uncomfortable. Around 10pm, I felt light contraction and bottom was uncomfortable. We remained calm and went to bed as usual.

20 Nov 2am, I felt contraction. I didn't wake up my husband. I just quietly count the interval. Went to toilet a few times, trying to clear the system. Actually, was the contraction made myself felt like pooing. 4am, the contraction became stronger. I woke up my husband and told him I need to admit now. I faster went for a shower and hair wash before we left home. 5am, I arrived at labour ward. Mid wife checked my cervix, 3 to 4cm. Meanwhile, there was a new mommy giving birth. I was nervous when hear her shouting voice. When she about to push, I quickly went to toilet to clear my system. Until she has delivered baby, then I only came out from toilet and lay on the labour bed. Dr Ong came to me at 5:45am, he checked 7cm. He estimated I could deliver around 7am. 15min later, Dr Ong came to me again, and advise to break my water bag, it would help to deliver earlier. It's really uncomfortable and don't know how to describe the pain when he put his finger in to break the water bag and contraction is ongoing at the same time. So irritating... After he broke the water bag, I felt warm water bursting out. Doctor said baby was poo. Immediately, I felt strong pain in my tummy. The interval is short and fast. About 5min once and 10sec gone. So, I must hold the breath and push harder. I ever missed out 2 to 3 times to push as the contraction pain went off too fast. Finally, my baby boy had came to this world after my 15min push.

No comments: